The novel coronavirus (COVID‑19) reached 34* confirmed cases as of today and more are expected, while the influenza virus has caused 26* million illnesses this season. At Sweat & Milk we want to make sure you have the facts and try to stay away from them as much as you can.
Here are a few tips to teach your kids avoid colds or flu:
1. Wash hands frequently, especially before eating.
Simply rub your hands for 20 seconds with soap and water. Doesn’t have to be antibacterial soap. Doesn’t have to be warm water.
2. Carry hand sanitizer with you and use it when there is no restroom access.
Some brands use kid-friendly scents to make it more interesting. Buy the kind that’s at least 60% alcohol to kill as many germs as possible.
3. Get enough sleep
4. Eat a balanced meal
5. Do outdoor activities and get stronger physically
6. Use a tissue. To kids, everything is a tissue -- their sleeves, a favorite stuffed animal, the couch cushions. To keep all the germs in one place, a tissue is the best place to put them.
Keep tissues in visible places around your home and in the car. Hand them to your child so she gets into the habit of sneezing and coughing into them.
7. Avoid going to places where there are too many crowds. More people, more germs.
8. Teach your kids to avoid sharing things like straws, cups, food, forks, and spoons means spreading germs. This means they can get sick and so can their friends.