It's so hard to find time alone with your significant other when you have a new born because all the attentions are on the baby. However, Valentine’s Day is the perfect excuse to step back, relax and enjoy each other. If going out for a fancy dinner is too much for you right now, here are some simple ideas for you to spice up your day and make your first Valentine's Day special:
- Try to take the day off or take a longer lunch break so you can take a walk together or have a picnic.
- A clean bedroom, a made bed, some candles and soft music is pretty romantic when you’re used to diapers, bottles, piles of laundry and dirty dishes.
- Once baby goes down for the night, uncork the wine and whip out the wedding china.
- Hire a babysitter for a couple of hours and give your partner the freedom to enjoy a yoga class
- Give him or her a homemade coupon book for back rubs
- Let your partner soak in a bubble bath or kick back on the couch while you cook dinner.
- Hide additional love notes in a coat pocket, briefcase, gym bag, etc.
- Let your partner sleep in.
- Choose a movie you both want to watch (good luck), and snuggle under a blanket with a box of popcorn and pour yourselves a glass of wine.
Your main goal is to step away from the chaos of parenthood—even if it’s only for an hour—in any way possible. What are your plans for this Valentine's Day? We'd love to hear your comments!